EWN researchers will share expertise in the second of three webinars hosted by the American Society for Civil Engineers.
Join ASCE as we present the second of three webinars in our Nature-based Solutions (NbS) on Wednesday, August 30th at 12:00-1:00pm ET. Take a deeper dive into multiple aspects of engineering NbS including performance of natural infrastructure, development of engineering guidance for NbS, and detailed case studies on riverine and coastal NbS. Participants will be connected with existing NbS technical resources for engineers and exposed to recent progress in the development of engineering guidance for NbS. Case studies will explore and reinforce key aspects of engineering design for riverine and coastal systems in greater detail compared to the initial NbS overview webinar. Case studies will also examine hybrid systems in which NbS work together with conventional infrastructure systems.
This webinar is free as a live presentation on Aug 30th. If you’d like to earn PDHs, you will be able to access the webinar post-event through ASCE’s TechSession portal.
Session Benefits and Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key aspects of engineering design for different types of riverine and coastal NbS.
- Describe recent progress in improving physical understanding of NbS performance, and recent advancements in engineering guidance for NbS.
- Discuss how incorporating NbS into projects is essential for doing the right projects and doing the projects right.
- Identify diverse sources of existing engineering guidance for NbS.
- Explain examples of successful NbS projects.